This is a mild treatment. Here, aluminium chloride crystals (fine powder of 100microns) are rubbed onto the scarred area for 15-20 min. It is a mild treatment and requires about 6 sessions with about 30-40% results. It is a painless procedure.
Microdermabrasion works using a controlled flow of ultra clean aluminum oxide crystals set in motion by vacuum created low pressure. The crystals are applied to the skin with a special hand piece which allows the controlled and gentle removal of the dead cells from the stratum corneum of the epidermis. The same hand piece removes the used crystals and skin particles in a single process and deposits them in a separate container. Being absolutely inert there is no risk of crystal related side effects.
The ageing process of the skin
The main exogen factors effecting our skin are exposure to UV-light, changeable climatic conditions like cold, heat and wind and also environmental pollution which is becoming more and more prevalent. The most important exogen aging factor however is UV-light. The aging caused by UV-light is called photo-aging.
The most important endogen aging factor is the effect of so called ”free radicals”. Among other factors like poor nutrition, abuse of alcohol, too much negative stress, lack of sleep, physical activity or even lack of estrogen, these factors result in what we call chrono-aging. Now, let us look at the difference between photo- and chrono-aging.
Different skin thickness by type of ageing
Typical cosmetic skin problems
- Age Spots
- Lack of Elasticity
- Stretch Marks
What does Micro Dermabrasion do?
- Mechanical Peeling: Controlled skin abrasion
- Perfect Peeling
- Stimulates formation of new cells
- Enhances cell division and migration
- Increases effectiveness of active ingredients
Benefits of Microdermabrasion to the client
- No pain: without reaching the critical peeling depth microdermabrasion remains free of discomfort or pain
- No risk of allergy: aluminium oxide crystals used are completely inert and cannot cause a reaction
- No risk of scars and pigmentation: far from causing scars microdermabrasion is used to treat them. Pigmentation problems can occur only if the peeling depth reaches melanocytes in the base membrane. The base membrane is only reached during scar treatment
- Gentle treatment: the action of the crystals and the hand-piece is extremely gentle on the skin. As the rate of crystal flow and the vacuum pressure are completely controllable by the user, the strength of peeling can be reduced for sensitive areas such as the eyes or neck or increased for the less sensitive areas such as the forehead and cheeks