Many conditions, diseases, and improper hair care result in excessive hair loss. People who notice their hair shedding in large amounts after combing or brushing, or whose hair becomes thinner or falls out, should consult a dermatologist. With the correct diagnosis, most people with hair loss can be helped.
Hair transplant in Bangalore at The Venkat Center
Here are some documents to help you understand about hair transplantation
At Venkat Center, we evaluate a patient’s hair problem by thoroughly examining diet & medications including vitamins and health food taken in the last six months, family history of hair loss, recent illness and hair care habits.
Before we get into the specifics of your hair loss, here are some basic guidelines to understand how it affects you.
Temporary hair loss
Emotional turmoil, medications, skin conditions, surgery, childbirth, poor nutrition, and illnesses can cause hair follicles to enter the telogen phase prematurely, resulting in increased shedding which presents itself as temporary diffuse thinning.
Localized hair loss
Localized hair loss may be sub-divided into scarring and non-scarring types. Alopecia Areata is a genetic, auto-immune disease that typifies the non-scarring type. It manifests itself with the sudden onset of round patches of hair loss associated with normal skin and can be treated with local injections of Cortico-steroids.
Scarring Alopecia can be caused by a variety of medical or dermatological conditions such as Lupus and Lichen Planus, or local radiation therapy.
Hair Transplant in Bangalore at The Venkat Center
- Traction Alopecia is the hair loss that occurs with constant tugging on the hair, in some beauty treatments.
- Contrary to popular belief, dandruff usually does not cause hair loss.
- Type of water, frequent shampooing, oiling the scalp do not affect hair growth at all.
- Shampoos which claim to make the hair grow have no basis.
Let's clarify some Facts & Myths
Tips to prevent Hair loss
- Allow hair to air dry in the sun, avoid hot hair dryer, because heat causes hair shaft damage.
- Will long hair cause hair loss? No. Long hair doesn’t fall more than regular hair.
- Use a wide-toothed comb with blunt bristles as it avoids friction between the hairs & the comb bristles.
- Don’t tie the hairs very tight as it can cause tractional alopecia.
- Protect your hair from environmental assaults like dust, wind & pollution– they make the hair dry.
- Smoking can increase hair loss due to decreased blood flow to the hair roots.
- Daily aerobics may help to reduce hair loss. However, muscle build exercise may increase hair loss.
- Foods rich in sprouts, green leafy vegetables, salads, fresh fruits, pulses and plenty of water all help in giving healthy & glowing hair.
- Hard water contains minerals which accumulate of hair shaft leading to the colouring of hair and breakage.